83 ares coloring page
ares coloring page
Ares coloring pages are a fun way for kids of all ages to develop creativity, focus, motor skills and color recognition. 0
GOD ARES. Are you looking for GREEK GODS coloring pages? Hellokids has selected this lovely GOD ARES coloring page for you! You can print it out and color. Add some colors of your imagination and make this GOD ARES coloring page … 1
Apr 02, 2022 · This Digital Drawings & Illustrations item by triggercreativity has 3 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships … 2
Download or print this amazing coloring page: Ares Coloring Page | Free Ares Online Coloring 3
Ares Greek God Coloring Pages | Coloring Page Blog 4
Ares Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download 5
Ares God Of War Coloring Pages Coloring Pages 6
Ares Coloring Pages - Coloring Home 7
Ares Greek God Coloring Pages | Coloring Page Blog 8
Ares Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download 9
Ares Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download 10
Ares Greek Coloring Pages | Coloring Page Book 11
Ares Greek God Of War Drawing Sketch Coloring Page 12
Ares coloring, Download Ares coloring for free 2019 13
Ares Greek God Coloring Pages | Coloring Page Blog 14
ARES DIOS DE LA GUERRA by tatsumiOGA on DeviantArt 15
Greek Gods Kids Coloring Pages and Free Goddess Goddesses Colouring Pictures 16
Sketch Of Ares God Of War Art Coloring Pages 17
Ares Pages Coloring Pages 18
Greek Gods and Goddesses Coloring Book | Be Different Baby 19
Download Ares coloring for free - Designlooter 2020 👨🎨 20
Ares Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download 21
Ares God Of War Drawing at GetDrawings.com | Free for personal use Ares God Of War Drawing of 22
Ares Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download 23
Ares Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download 24
Basic Coloring Page Ares God Coloring Pages 25
Ancient Greek Coloring Pages | Arte antica greca, Disegni da colorare, Guerriero 26
Ares Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download 27
Ares Pages Coloring Pages 28
Ares coloring, Download Ares coloring for free 2019 29
Sketch Of Ares God Of War Art Coloring Pages 30
Download Ares coloring for free - Designlooter 2020 👨🎨 31
Download Ares coloring for free - Designlooter 2020 👨🎨 32
God Of War Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print and color 33
Ares Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download 34
[Music], oh, [Music], my, [Music], oh, [Music], [Music], oh, [Music], [Music], oh, [Music], [Applause], [Music], born from the ashes, [Music], you can't suffocate my spirit, cause i'm the king of my own thrones, [Music], watch me, [Music], [Music], [Music], [Music], watch me, [Music], up, [Music], you can't suffocate my spirit, cause i'm the king of my own thrones, [Music], you'll never, watch me, [Music], [Music], oh, [Music], [Music], [Applause], watch me, [Music], up, [Music]
Ask HN: Please review my photos to coloring pages startupReallyColor.com officially launched about a month ago (end of Sep 2013) and is being bootstrapped by one of my partners and I. Our tech lets you convert your images into printable coloring book pages. Our primary target is parents (mostly moms) and people who are interested in turning themselves into sketches.
We are noticing a large amount of initial interest in the idea itself, and have seen some initial traction and traffic on our site, but our repeat visitors so far are barely over 10%. Our audience is also more international than expected. We have not built a mobile app yet, but that will be a project soon.
I would love feedback on:
1) Our membership pricing/offerings and what you think about how we tell the user about it.
2) Whether a monthly premium membership would be better than an annual one. Keep in mind our international audience.
3) Other revenue generating ideas (other than advertising).
4) The general user experience (both creating the free coloring page and as a free member).
5) How a mobile app could play into this given that the coloring pages are printable (via PDFs).
Any other thoughts and feedback are also welcome. Thank you!.
,Ask HN: First Client IssuesI am a hiding my name because this is my first client and I don't want people to go looking for my company (though that might be great advertising).
I've got a client that I know through multiple relationship maps (former co-worker of my wife and sibling of a friend of a friend) and while I was not a friend of the sibling, I was an acquaintance.
Client has a cousin doing her Graphical Design but the GD doesn't have any web experience. GD sent over three PDFs, one of all the products, one of the website, and one of the website specs. The website specs did not contain sizing information for the images or the pages, it contained font/spacing/coloring/page flow information.
I asked the GD for the sizing of the web page and was provided an answer. There was some functionality in the site design which I discussed with the client and removed (GD was inaccessible) based on an agreement.
I finished the site and client reviewed making a few changes. Did a second review and then sent the link to the GD for their review. GD commented on the proportions being off and the distortion of some images. I agreed that the dimensions were off, but that's what I was told to go with and if the measurements I have are not right, I need to know what they should be.
I reached out to the GD via phone and e-mail. Did not hear back until I received an e-mail from the client to both of us.
Basically the e-mail's tone was that of threatening if I couldn't finish the project client would find someone who could and that if the GD can't get me the information than the Client doens't know what I'll need. And yadda yadda yadda.
So the question is:
Do I suck it up and make the changes or do I just write this off as a learning experience?
Thanks. I appreciate it.
Long time lurker...
,Show HN: Circumflex, browse HN in your terminalSome two years ago, I found myself spending a lot of time in the terminal between learning vim and discovering new command line tools. I was surprised to see that the niche of HN clis was (relatively) small, and so I decided to write my own command line tool for browsing HN called `circumflex`(`clx`).
`clx` is written in Go using Bubble Tea[1]. You can read the comment section or the linked article in reader mode in the pager `less`.
Using `lesskey` to add custom keybindings, the replies can be collapsed and expanded in real-time (but not individual replies, only all replies at once). Behind the scenes I am appending invisible unicode characters to each line so that I can use the custom keybindings to filter them out. The same technique is used to allow for jumping between top-level comments.
I spent a lot of time thinking about syntax highlighting and finding relevant bits to highlight while also not going overboard with colors. The end result is highlighting of things I find useful for providing context in the comment section, like indicating parent poster and original poster, coloring references, coloring indentations as well as formatting YC startups.
Other quality of life features include adding submissions as favorites (it is stored as a pretty-printed json so you can check it into your vcs to allow for readable diffs). Submissions are marked as read and new comments are indicated with a bullet point.
[1] https://github.com/charmbracelet/bubbletea.
,Ask HN: Hiring managers and recruiters, how much does resume layout matter?I work at Big 4 and interview people regularly. I get to see the resumes of people who have passed 'resume round' and are now mostly subject to the feedback of the interviewers.
I'm constantly shocked out how many resumes I see that follow none of the best practices everyone involved in 'resume review' talks about. College students with 2+ page resumes. Poor layout choices. Overall 'unprofessional' (font choice, size, coloring, etc) looking. Lots of extra details about their pet, choir, etc. that we're always told to omit unless we're applying at the student union.
Honestly, none of this bothers me. I firmly care more about their accomplishments and ability to perform in the interview than how their PDF looks. But it surprises me that it doesn't seem to concern the people who review candidates purely on their resume. Given some of these resumes, you'd think it was done entirely by a computer. Is it?
Curious what recruiters and hiring managers think about traditional resume best-practices and how much they care about 'bad looking' resumes..
,Ask HN: Best place for tech blog?There's no lack of options for a general purpose blog — Medium and Ghost and WordPress all seem great — but it's unclear what the best choice for a tech-focused one is. In particular, I'd like to include code snippets with syntax colouring and embed D3 visualizations. An enjoyable reading experience is the primary concern; ease of authoring less so.
Is a static site (say, using GitHub Pages) the best choice? The built-in discovery and sharing features of Medium are attractive, but I'm unsure if a blog about niche programming topics will benefit from them. Any options beyond the mainstream blogging platforms that I should consider?.
,Rate my product - mostrecent.nethttp://mostrecent.net/
My idea: to build a community of topical-hand-edited news pages. I want to start in the tech community working to recruit editors/experts to build pages covering programming languages and popular technologies. Think of it as an alternative to blogs, tweets, and social link sites. Here an expert can build out a page with the most useful links and highlight news items that he/she knows are important to the community. Everything is tabulated into one easy to scan page. This is all managed via a drop and drop interface.
The short intro video should give more context about how the site works:
http://mostrecent.net/help/introclip/
I'm just getting out of my 'soft launch' phase and the JavaScript page I've built has already started making the rounds and gaining regular readers. It is a good example of what I'm going for:
http://mostrecent.net/javascript/
We are still in beta and more features are coming. My eventual business plan is to place ads on the pages with an aggressive editor rev share program. There are a number of pages at various levels of development on the site, but I know for a fact we still need pages covering ruby, java, flash, perl, lisp, tech startups, apple, c# and much more (in case anyone is interested).
Thanks for your time and attention! I look forward to your feedback..
,Opera 10 Beta2 Out Changes since Opera 10 beta
User Interface
Added
* New Speed Dial icon
* Enabled a errorlog-upload dialog box
* Opera Turbo warning icon
* Warning and advice about why dictionaries.xml file sometimes is missing from Auto update
* A 'Synchronize Opera' button in the Speed Dial page
* Tab icons (inverted) for panels viewed as tabs
* An Open Folder menu item to the file browse control
* Multiple-server support for Auto Update
* A left-click context menu to the Opera Turbo button
* New icons for DOM Console, Who is, Send File, Spell Check, Authormode, and Usermode
* A context menu option to reload images in high quality
* Widget version support
* Password Manager with context-menu support
Improvements
* Resized the Mac Add-tab icon
* Changed the way Widgets are launched after an installation on Mac
* Removed the menu items to enable/disable the menu bar
* The file input element no longer allows multiple selection
* 'Check for update' moved from Help submenu to Opera submenu
* Updated opera:x, error and fraud page interfaces
* Preinstalled dictionaries now have full name in the 'Choose default language' page in the wizard
* Allowed Speed Dial to have a custom favicon
* Now possible to set a new spell UI session without a pop-up menu
* Adjusted the progress spinner on thumbnails not to overlap other tabs when tabs are small
* Updated the ID for the Widget logo icon used in installation wizard
* Implemented a progressive disclosure control on 'Report a site problem' dialog box
* All submenus are now given icons from the skin
* Shadows on active tabs are now less harsh
* Implemented new Dialog Toggle icons and revised the Mail icons
* Swapped the Send and Do Not Send send buttons in error-report dialog box
* Adjusted the position of the menu button menu
* Updated dialog images
* Allowed for addition of extra line padding in the Widgets panel
* Windowless Silverlight no longer disappears when using context menu
* Pressing Enter to select an item in a dropdown box no longer submits a form
* Enabled tab thumbnails check box by default in Customize dialog box; if selected forces 'wrapping off'
* Updated Check, Send and Check/Send icons
* Updated Search icon
* Notification now shown when Opera Turbo servers are busy
* Improvements to hover state on tabs (better contrast) and tabs on the side
* Panels viewed as Tabs now have their own favicon and thumbnail image
* Removed text shadow on buttons and its influence on Web buttons
* Images appended after page load will now display until 'screen refresh'
* Updated appearance of standard-skin dialog boxes
* Applied a small tweak to the background of the standard-skin close buttons
Renamed
* 'Transfers' to 'Downloads'
* 'Wand' to 'Password Manager' (Tools > Advanced > Password Manager)
Fixed
* MenuButton reappearing after a restart
* Dropdown menus on play.com not having background styling
* A white artifact covering entire page when reloading using Reload button only
* Startup problem after upgrading from 9.x
* Importing feeds without a window being open
* More than 9 Speed Dials covering the Speed Dial image
* Web fonts affecting Mac
* Default font-size for single-line Text fields on OS X not being 12px large on the CJK system
* Text overlaps in enhanced tabs
* Aborting the printing of a Web page
* Login dialogs corrupting on startup
* MultiEdit fields being spellchecked if the spell checker is turned on without focus
* Files with spaces not opening after download
* Editing file/folder chooser boxes by hand
* Automatic Opera Turbo mode not being reflected in the status field
* Aqua skin Progress Bar display
* Translated strings in Romanian not fitting the error-report and Appearance dialog boxes
* Some UI buttons enlarging on focus
* Tiled background in Speed Dial not being remembered
* Panel header text becoming unbolded when customized
* Internet-to-Intranet override polishing
* Background image change not repainting a new area
* Setting Opera Turbo through the Details dialog box
* Activate Next Tab not working when tabs are launched in the background via control-shift-click
* Leaks in the error-logging dialog box
* Closing tabs while a tooltip is rendering
* Issue with Trash can being dragged to the widgets area in Widgets panel
* Background color of alternate rows disappearing in a list
* Opera continuously opening tabs if choosing 'Opera Internet Browser' and 'Remember choice' in the BitTorrent Client Selection dialog
o BT download dialog box now inherits most of the functionality from the download dialog, including the Save functionality
* Progress Bar not always disappearing after a page has finished loading
* Creating a search when right clicking on a search text field
* Yahoo! mediaplayer in learnenglish.de
* Spatial navigation on the Yahoo! frontpage
* Spell checker occasionally stopped working when immediately pressing Del and Space
* Saving a picture that has not been fully downloaded
* Uninstalling a dictionary
* Spell checker occasionally stops working after correcting a word
* Spacing between Search and the Address fields
* Incorrect escaping/unescaping of characters in WebserverRequest.uri
* Session not being saved when closing Opera
* Creation of Speed Dial duplicates when merging
* 'Go' button not taking new search field into account
* Downloading a new .torrent file with Opera Turbo enabled
* The Wikipedia Cortado Java Theora player working in Opera 10
* Posting loading/posting of links on a wall at Facebook
* An issue with TinyMCE and Opera Dragonfly
* Keyboard focus not showing in the Opera user interface
* SVG background images disappearing on hover
* Inability use a folder nickname as home page
Mail, News, Chat
Added
* A dialog to warn about the mail database consistency check
* An account preference to determine if the content transfer restriction is set to 8 bit or 7 bit
* Several icons to the Compose menu
* New icons for setting status in a chat window
Improvements
* Lightened the color of the Page Bar: icons now working on all toolbars, panel color enhanced for better differentiation
* Changed several icons in the Tools menu to colored versions that already exist
* Mail-header buttons no longer overlap the bottom of the toolbar
* Improvements made to HTML e-mail composition
* Clicking on a new message notification now trying:
1. to find a window where the message is visible
2. to open unread if it is visible there
3. to open the account view if it is not visible there
Fixed
* Double-clicking a note to insert into mail when replying
* Replying to a message and the cursor is invisible
* 8 bit not being the default content-transfer encoding
* Changing a mail account breaks the automatic encoding selector
* Opera Mail welcome message encoding and other strings
* Reopening a HTML draft with 'prefer plain text' and HTML source shows in compose window
* Pasting a message and the paste buffer is cleared
* An old draft being shown on reopening
* HTML keyboard shortcuts working in plain text mode
* Mail client selection dialog not being displayed on first mailto click after an upgrade
* Chat connection status for multiple accounts
* Adding a large attachment to a message prevents e-mail composition
* Plain text e-mail composing
* Setting 'Open with other application' to 'Opera' for mailto
* Printing mail which resulted in an empty page
* Doing 'Synchronization' on POP3 mail check
* Importing mail stops when files are open
* Disabling spell checker in multiline edit boxes causing a shut down
* Title in IRC channels equalling the title shown in the app window title bar
* Ability to paste into inline find in mail view
* Decoding error when writing an HTML mail with a non-ASCII character
* Text not fitting in several dialog boxes when switching to the Romanian language
* Signature not changing when changing an account
* Links opened from mail and newsfeeds not loading when focusing on another mail/feed entry
Display and scripting
Added
* An Open Folder menu item to the file browse control
Improvements
* Web fonts loaded in memory and the font name retrieved
* FormatBlock now correctly affects ancestors of the contentEditable element
* browser.js can now be disabled when doing auto update
* DOMContentLoaded now fires when traversing history
* Support for getting localized strings from JavaScript
* Max values now set for the automatic memory cache
Fixed
* Onload script not executing in frameset where one frame's src is set to '#'
* Hardcoded strings in XML files
* Scope when defining getter for the HTMLElement document prototype
* Regex [^x]* failing to match certain characters
* Recursive regular expression causing stack exhaustion
Network
Added
* A link on the error page for cross-network communication
Security
Added
* Full set of padlock icons for security dialog box
Improvements
* Improvements made to prevent spoofing of services
Fixed
* Recognizing EV certificates issued directly from the Root
* Importing certificates
Miscellaneous
Added
* A placeholder in Opera Turbo for plug-ins that are not loaded yet
* Functionality for switching Opera Turbo mode off for separate image elements
Improvements
* Now possible to add Opera Turbo configuration files per language
* Improved anti-spoof checking
Fixed
* Loading an automatically saved session
* Various dialogs with third-party mouse plug-ins installed
* High memory use related to the disk cache on huge torrents. ,Ask HN: Long landing page or multiple pages?I've noticed that some startups use very long landing pages that seem to describe every feature of their product. I look at those and think they should really be split up over multiple pages. I'm wondering if anybody has any insight as to why those are becoming more popular?
My speculation is that it is for SEO purposes and that somehow one page covering everything is better than more targeted pages covering individual features? I'm seen some guides that imply the latter is a better way to optimize which implies long landing pages are bucking the trend..
,VC's: Experienced 50 year old with good ideas. Will you talk to me?For context:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6932327
I have a ton of business and tech experience. I've launched several garage businesses. One did really well but the economy, circumstances and a perennially under-funded state (hardware is capital intensive) killed it. All were interesting experiences.
I've never raised any money. I self-funded everything I've ever done. The last one to the tune of over half a million dollars of my own money. I am no stranger to being all-in and putting it all on the line for something I believe in.
Circumstances are different now. Either I take my time and bootstrap from small to large projects or look for investors.
Sadly, I will not move to SV and I will not live on noodles. Bummer.
I have identified two opportunities I think have merit.
The first is a pure software web/mobile service. As is often the case, it is a twist on existing product. I believe the twist is what makes it very interesting, gives it wide appeal and could make it huge. It can go global. I have a 70 page deck covering just about every aspect of this venture. No, it's not a new Facebook. It's a B-to-B, C-to-C (and permutations thereof) service.
The second is a novel use of quadcopters. No regulatory issues I am aware of. Sizable world-wide appeal. This is definitely a case of first-mover advantage. With proper funding and support, execution would be fast and painless. This wouldn't be a an R&D project. This is a D project. Define, develop and go to manufacturing. Heard of "live long and prosper"? This one is "move fast and conquer". Probably the Klingon version. I don't have a deck on this one. It's a recent discovery of mine and I've put zero time into developing a deck. With one video I can show anyone this is a good idea.
Looking for a low impedance bank account to help launch either or both of these..
,Tell HN: A private library in SF that could double as a hackerspaceIf you think coffee shops are too loud and coworking spaces are too expensive, you might appreciate this hack. I discovered it by accident while search for 'wood paneling' on Yelp. :-)
The Mechanic's Institute, near the corner of Post and Market, is a non-profit private library and chess club, and membership only costs $100 per year. That's considerably better than the $300 a month charged by the least expensive coworking spaces! It's also, in my humble opinion, a much more beautiful workspace. The building has tall ceilings and windows, large columns, wood-paneled study rooms, plush leather chairs, and large desks with power outlets. The wifi is also fast and reliable.
The reviews on the library's Yelp page will give you a good sense of what it's like:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mechanics-institute-library-and-chess-room-san-francisco
I hope to see you here! It would be great to make this a well-known hacker outpost in downtown SF. Perhaps we could even organize a daily lunch or afternoon tea. Here's a chat room where we can coordinate:
http://www.tlk2me.com/chat/#mecha
You can also find my email in my HN profile. If you're visiting SF or want to spend a day here before committing to a membership, I can get you in as a guest..
,Why are testicles kept in a vulnerable dangling sac?,Ask HN: How to deal with GDPR / cookie notices in the context of a crawler?To comply with the new European legislation many websites put a GDPR / cookie consent notice in front of their websites. There are different implementations of this. While some are only implemented as modal covering the website or bar on the bottom of the screens (in both cases right next to the original content), other implementations redirect the user to a totally different (sub-)domain or even hijack the request and show the consent form instead of the requested content (on the same URL with a 200 status code).
The latter ones present a issue to my crawler. I cannot access the content of the page without accepting those notices.
Things I'm considering to bypass those notices:
* US IP address (easy to implement, but some websites also display those notices to US IP's)
* Heuristics to detect those notices and accept them programatically (takes some time to implement - while a couple of vendors (i.e. OneTrust) offer off-the-shelf solutions which are easy to identify and automate, there are also many custom made solutions, so the system would need understand the concept of a consent form and how to bypass it - some forms only require the press of the right button, others involve checkboxes/radio buttons). To collect test data one solution might be to visit a set of websites once with an US IP, once with an EU IP and/or with different user agents (browser or googlebot).
Do you have any ideas how to approach this problem? Or are you even utilizing some techniques already and are willing to share them?.
,Show HN: Post processing a html page with webglI recently discovered html2canvas (awesome but I wish it was 1.0) and used it with webgl to re-render my web page.
Click on the image (Awolnation) and wait a few seconds (it might take some time to buffer audio)
Basically it takes ss of current visible part of html page, creates an empty canvas covering the screen and then renders that ss with post processing.
edit: there is a music so might not be work safe if you are using speakers.
,Ask HN: Doing cold emails? helps us prove this concept for closing more leadsHey guys,
It all starts from this, the problem:
1) prospects lose interest/engagement over email
2) people want quick answers
One solution is phone calls, but as you know, those are so hard to get.
Our idea/concept to solve this is to let people switch from email to private live-chat by clicking a chat link in the email and sending them to a chat page, because:
1)It's much easier to get prospects on live chat than phone. From there you can escalate to a call easier.
2)You can give answers and deal with objections in real time
3)You can close or qualify leads on the spot, instead waiting for 5 back and forth emails
We already have a few guys getting very promising results, but we need more users to get the statistical significance faster.
a) What do you think about this concept?
b) What stops you from using this on your business?
Thanks a lot.
,Ask HN: Sell your single page web appI'm buying all single page web apps. Have a stagnant side project you haven't touched in years, or something you are actively maintaining? Doesn't matter I'd like to buy it. Here is my criteria:
- Site must receive more than 10k unique visitors per month
- English only
I typically offer the following:
- 36x monthly revenue (industry standard) - No revenue? Lets talk anyways.
- Don't deal with brokers and their commissions
- Escrow 24hr cash close
- I have gone from settling a price to closing a sale in 30 minutes, no hoopla, no months of Q&A, just a quick and simple sale.
Shoot me the following info (email in profile) and lets talk. I have acquired a number of websites from HNers in the past:
- URL
- Last 3mo uniques/pv
- Last 3mo revenue
- Last 3mo expenses.
,Ask HN: Any cooking/recipe websites with good UX?I don't know what it is about cooking and recipe-focused websites. They seem to be some of the worst in terms of pop ups, and superfluous garbage content. I spend so much time searching for the actual content on most pages because there are so many links to other crap.
For example, check out this Betty Crocker page where there's about 300px of whitespace at the top, a huge useless picture of flour, and a navbar that doesn't quite stick to the top of the page (viewing on Firefox) https://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/tipslibrary/charts-timetables-measuring/equivalent-measures-abbreviations
Another example is allrecipes.com. I think it fares pretty well on Desktop, but on my phone I notice they insert adds throughout the ingredient list and instructions. Also met with a full-screen popup from Amazon about Cyber Monday.
There's gotta be some plain and simple sites out there, and I'd like to hear about them..
,Ask HN: Why are browsers so bad at stopping popups and other dark patterns?Popups have long been an issue along with other types of ads, but the most infuriating kind I've ever seen are those which watch the mouse position and throw up an ad or subscription plea when I'm moving the mouse upwards to the tab bar after I've finished reading an article and want to close the tab.
Obviously blocking scripts' access to positional data would break many sorts of useful interactions, but there are far more pages that snag that data to display ads on mouseover or page border interactions which brings zero benefit to me as a user. Why is there no way to either pool that information among browser users to negate this dark pattern, or to remember my dismissive interactions of closing popups and pre-emptively negate them next time I visit a page?
Also, if you work as a designer or front-end developer who implements this sort of thing, I want you to feel bad about it and talk your money hungry marketing people out of it; because when your employers' revenue eventually sinks due to pissing off more and more of your readers, you'll get laid off looong before the marketing people do and if you don't stop and think you won't even understand why..
,Launch HN: Bitrise (YC W17) – Continuous Integration and Delivery for Mobile AppsHi, we’re the founders of Bitrise (https://www.bitrise.io/) in the YC W17 batch — YC's first-ever Hungarian startup!
Bitrise is a Continuous Integration and Delivery platform specifically for mobile apps. We started working on Bitrise when we were running our dev agency, building apps for clients. It was frustrating to go through all the manual tasks when somebody needed a fresh build, or when all the bugs piled up before releases. We wanted to automate all the manual aspects of app development so we could get back to coding, because that’s what we loved to do.
We’ve started with iOS CI/CD, because that seemed to be the hardest and that’s what we had the most experience in. For starters we had to build up a scalable Mac infrastructure, since iOS apps can only be compiled on a Mac machine. That was tough.
We also wanted to make setting up and maintaining CI way easier, without scripting, but having the same level of customizability. We’ve come up with an easy workflow and step system, where steps are ready-made and reusable building blocks responsible for one task, like git cloning, deploying to HockeyApp, etc, and workflows are a succession of these steps. All of these steps are open source, and since we started the library grew to more than 100 integrations, around 30 added by the community (https://www.bitrise.io/integrations).
Tens of thousands of apps are being built on Bitrise including Foursquare, InVision, Pagerduty, Grindr. We are attracting so many apps because we are the most open platform in this space. In addition to our step library, we’ve open sourced our CLI, our webhook service and all of our build images, and we’re growing together with our awesome community.
We raised $200k in 2015 and became profitable last year. We feel extremely grateful and lucky to have gotten here, being a 7-people dev shop in Europe. Now we’re joining YC and we have big plans to take Bitrise to the next level!
We’d love to hear your feedback and are happy to answer any of your questions. Thanks!.
,Launch HN: GoLinks (YC W19) – Internal short links for teamsHello HN!
We’re Jorge, Kevin and Sean and we’re building GoLinks (https://www.golinks.io).
GoLinks is a platform that allows you to easily manage and share links by letting teams create a short link for any internal URL within a company. These links are easy to remember and share, so you don't have to bookmark or copy and paste them in emails.
Each day we use and share hundreds of links to get our jobs done, without considering how long it takes to access and share these resources. It’s one reason why many of us leave tabs open in our browser: we don’t want to spend the 5 to 10 steps to navigate back to that important page. With GoLinks, you’ll be able to deep-link directly into any application with just a simple keyword entered into your address bar. This allows links to be conversational. For example, one employee can create the keyword “go/review” to point to the annual review page in Workday. Later in a meeting, that employee can mention, “Remember to visit go/review to fill out your annual reviews!” Now anyone in that meeting can remember and access the link “go/review”, without digging through their email or Slack.
Golink systems are commonly used in many big tech companies such as Google, Linkedin, Twitter and Airbnb, built by internal tools engineers in those companies. These systems have become an integral part of the way tech companies share internal links.
When we started our careers in tech, we would often visit each other for lunch at these tech companies and we began to notice the same go/links everywhere. In the hallways, cafes, break rooms, posters. fliers and TVs, there would be these keywords prefixed with “go/” that allowed employees to quickly access information on their devices. The employee could enter a shortened URL like go/food into their mobile browser, or desktop, and could access the lunch menu for that day. An easy and simple concept, but an extremely powerful method for internal communication.
Although these systems are ubiquitous in large tech companies, we noticed there was nothing on the market that catered to startups, midsize, or non-tech companies. Companies usually don’t have the time or the resources to build sophisticated internal tools, so we set out to create GoLinks as a Service.
The challenge was building an internal tool for companies that may not have any internal infrastructure. For example, large tech companies have infrastructure so when you connect to the company Wifi or access the VPN, you can access the internal company network. This allows users to access the “go” domain on the network, which resolves the deep link redirection. For smaller and midsize companies, employees might be 100% remote or working in a coworking space, or maybe the company never got around to setting up an intranet. We had to build a product that did not rely on assuming internal infrastructure.
We were able to replicate the functionality of an internal network, and the simplicity of a short-link redirect system, by creating browser extensions for each of the popular browsers. The extension would proxy the “go” domain to our server and we authenticate and redirect the user to the correct location. Now coworkers can be on any network and any wifi, and as long as they authenticate in their current browser, we can find their company’s internal links.
We are startup-friendly—anyone under 10 users can get started completely free—but our main initial focus is on enterprise clients.
If you’ve ever used our GoLinks or any company's golink system, let us know how it’s changed your daily workflow. Thanks for reading. We appreciate your ideas and feedback!.
,How not to get on covered on TechCrunchI launched my startup officially last week (Eureka Science News - http://esciencenews.com - intelligent news aggregator, fully automated, similar to techmeme and Google News, but with full content on the site - check out the /about page if you want to know more). I got amazingly positive feedback from it; got covered on the front page of Drupal with a full write-uo on how I built the site, in details(http://drupal.org/node/261340); Drupal is the open-source CMS I built my site with, so it was my way of giving back to the community.
After that, I figured 'hey! Maybe I actually have a chance with TechCrunch!'. In my mind TC covers only very high profile, tech-related startups, so at first I didn't think that they would be interested by a science news site started part-time by a PhD student in retrovirology ;) So I submitted my story via the form on their contact page. No answer for two days, so I submitted it to Mashable, which wrote a post about the site very quickly (http://mashable.com/2008/05/21/eureka-science-new/). Cool, but the traffic this link generated was much lower than I expected (< 200 views, Drupal gave me > 6000).
I then looked back at TC contact page and noticed a the 'newstip' email link at the top of the page; the contact form is much more visible, but now I can tell that the newstip email link is much more efficient; I wrote a quick mail about my site and the coverage that we got so far on Drupal and Mashable, thinking that it would help getting covered on TechCrunch.
This time they answered promptly; I was very excited! But they said that while my site was very interesting, they like to cover news first and that they were going to pass on this one since we got covered by Mashable, even if they love science.
It's very sad because Eureka Science News is the first vertical I used my intelligent news aggregator for - copyright-free press releases are readily available for most news published daily; I'm looking for VC funding to license Associated Press content to build a website covering all news categories. Getting on TC would have helped for sure!
So don't make the same mistake, submit to TechCrunch FIRST via the newstip email link, not the contact form! At worse, you'll get rejected and you can give the exclusive to someone else ;) I sure wish I did, now I won't know the kind of traffic TC can send (but I'm sure its more than the 200 hits I got from Mashable!). I even had nightmares about it last night, a thing you sure want to avoid ;).
Reddit Images 69
My friend is student teaching and in their music books there are coloring pages, I think you guys will like these 0
Just finished another page of the coloring book. Page 6… I believe 1
page coloring for ch 171. 2
Konomi coloring by @Shazayumart (chapter 93 cover page) 3
Anyone notice this recent trend in Horikoshi's color spreads and character pages? Even outside of his hero costume, why is Kirishima constantly not wearing a shirt even when those around him are fully dressed? 4
Is this page too chaotic? I intentionally added filler stuff in there (the little stars for example) because I personally like how full and colorful it looks, but I'd like to hear other opinions on it. Not all my pages are like this, am I overdoing it with this one? 5
[Other] who is this villain on my son’s coloring page? It’s driving me nuts! 6
[No Spoilers] Digitally colored the cover page (not the actual cover of the book itself) of the Life Is Strange coloring book 7
I started to make coloring pages for my son. They are simply traced from pictures I took on our trips or open source pictures. 8
Ah, man I love this stuff. Victorian Age comic treasures - 5 issues of Puck Magazine. Profusely illustrated w/ Intensely vivid colors for 138 years old. 4 covers by F. Opper, creator of Happy Hooligan, Alphonse and Gaston, And Her Name Is Maud, etc. Tabloid size, so the double page spreads are huge! 9
Ah, man I love this stuff. Victorian Age comic treasures - 5 issues of Puck Magazine. Profusely illustrated w/ Intensely vivid colors for 138 years old. 4 covers by F. Opper, creator of Happy Hooligan, Alphonse and Gaston, And Her Name Is Maud, etc. Tabloid size, so the double page spreads are huge! 10
First page of the coloring book done! Any thoughts? 11
Randomly coloring one page of my coloring book 12
{Artwork} Finally finished working on the coloring of this mask-less Spider-Gwen. It's about 98% pencils, with 2% of it in gel pen. It's a page from Marvel's WOMEN OF POWER coloring book, w/original art by Emanuela Lupacchino from Spider-Gwen Vol 2 #6 (Cover B Variant). 13
Some of my favorite special interests are science fiction and fantasy, including and especially superhero comics. So I'm making one! On the top is my Pekar Page, which I sent to my artist friend Swapnil, who made the pencils in the middle, and then inked and colored it for the finished product. 14
My coloring of the cover page for Ch. 159 15
,
Comments
Post a Comment