40 are you my mother coloring page
are you my mother coloring page
Are You My Mother? Coloring Book This fantastic and creative, kids coloring book that babies and toddlers can join an adorable kitten on the search for her mother all around the woodland. She talks to a deer, a rabbit, an elephant, and many animals before she finds her mother. 0
Are You My Mother Baby Bird Said To Dog Coloring Page. Girl On A Flower Coloring Page. Romeo And Juliet Coloring Page. Junie B. Jones Coloring Page. Peter Rabbit Eating Radishes Coloring Page. Bella Swan Coloring Page. The Little Prince On Earth Coloring Page … 1
© 2022 All rights reserved. Contact; Privacy Policy; Terms of Service 2
Are You My Mother Baby Bird Said To Dog Coloring Page. © 2022 All rights reserved. 3
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 4
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 5
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 6
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 7
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 8
Rembrandt Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print and color 9
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 10
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 11
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 12
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 13
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 14
Reading Confetti: Are You My Mother?: Printable Game | Are you my mother, Printable games 15
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 16
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 17
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 18
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 19
I Did Have a Mother I Know I Did coloring page | Free Printable Coloring Pages 20
Mother's day - Coloring Page - You are my Hero | Planerium 21
I Love My Mom Coloring Pages - Coloring Home 22
Print Out This Marvelous Mothers Day Coloring Page My Mother Oh Boy! Tell Other Coloring 23
Are You My Mother?: Printable Game ~ Reading Confetti 24
I Love You Mom Coloring Pages | K5 Worksheets | Mom coloring pages, Mothers day coloring pages 25
Are You My Mother Coloring Pages at GetColorings.com | Free printable colorings pages to print 26
I Love Mom Coloring Page Lovely Free Printable Color Pages for Mom Simple Mom Proje… in 2020 27
I Love You Mommy Coloring Pages - Coloring Home 28
Dr Seuss Are You My Mother Coloring Pages – Learning How to Read 29
Mother – I Love that You Are My Mom Coloring Pages – GetColoringPages.org 30
ACP Adventures in Literature 1 31
Coloring Pages For Your Mom – Coloring Pages 32
Pin on KinderLand Collaborative 33
Marvelous Mothers Day Coloring Pages | YesColoring| Free | Mother 34
[Music], good morning my name is miss Adriana and, today in the Illinois autism partnership, virtual classroom we are going to read, our first book together reading aloud, helps with many foundational skills it, helps us a big vocabulary, it helps us with expressive language and, most importantly it shows you that, reading aloud is fun thing to do at home, now I think we are ready to start like, review our schedule first we'll talk, about schedule then we'll review our, materials that we need for diesel lesson, we'll talk about key words we'll do a, little lesson which means reading a book, together and then go wrap up if you have, a schedule with you print it you can, follow with me um here we go, reviewing schedule is all done you can, mark it off like this as - alright the, next step is reviewing material for this, lesson we need the bulk are you my, mother by PD Eastman if you do have a, book you can follow up with me if you, don't have a book you can just sit back, relax and listen to me reading it out, loud for you you might also need some, markers scissors and glue for activities, that we have they're ready for you after, we are done reading so let's get ready, reviewing material is all done I will, check it off with you and the next thing, is to talk about key words, so the keywords for today are bird bird, says the next word is kitten kitten face, [Music], hen hen says cluck dog doc says good job, cow cow says good word we have some, extra words too if these are too easy, for you boat both travels in the water, car car travels on the street plane, plane travels in the sky and home home, is where I live great work let's look at, our schedule key words are all done, finished you're gonna do start our, lesson and read our book are you my, mother by PD Eastman a mother bird set, on her egg the egg jumped uh-oh said the, mother bird my baby will be here he, don't want to eat I must get something, for my baby bird to eat she said I will, be back so away she went, the egg jumped it jumped and jumped and, jumped our came the baby bird where is, my mother, he said he looked for her he looked up, he did not see her he looked down he did, not see her I will go and look for her, he said so away he went down out of the, tree he went down down down it was a, long way down the baby bird could not, fly he could not fly but he could walk, now I will go and find my mother he said, he did not know what his mother looked, like even ride by her he did not see her, he came to a kitten are you my mother, he said to the kitten the kitten just, looked and looked, he did not say anything the kitten was, not his mother, so he went on then he came to a hen are, you my mother, he said to the hen no sexta honey the, kitten was not his mother the hay was, not his mother so the baby bird went on, I have to find my mother he said but, where where is she where could she be, the hen came to a dog are you my mother, he said to the dog I'm not your mother, I am a dog Saint a dog, the kitten was not his mother the hen, was not his mother, the dog was not his mother so the baby, bird went on now he came to a cow are, you my mother, he said to cow Oh could I be your mother, said the cow I am a cow the kitten and, the hen were not his mother, the dog and the cow were not his mother, did he have a mother I did have a mother, said the baby bird I know I did I have, to find her I well I well now the baby, bird did not walk he ran then he saw a, car could that old thing be his mother, no it could not the baby bird did not, stop here and on and on now he looked, way way down he saw a boat, the boat went on he looked way way up he, saw a big plane here our young mother, he called out but the plane did not stop, the plane went on just then the baby, bird saw a big thing this must be his, mother there she is, he said there is my mother hmm he ran, right up to it mother mother where I, Here I am mother he said to the big, thing but the big thing just said flirt, oh you are not my mother said the baby, bird you are a snort I have to get out, of here hmm but the baby bird could not, get away the snort went up it went way, way up and up up up when the baby bird, Jerry but now where was the snort going, oh oh what is this not going to do to me, tip me out of here I think the bird is, being scared right now, just then the snork came to stop, where am I said the baby bird I want to, go home I want my mother then something, happened the snort put that baby bird, right back in the tree that baby bird, was home just then the mother bird came, back to the tree Do You Know Who I am, she said to her baby yes I know who you, are set the baby bird you are not a, kitten you are not a hen you are not a, dog you are not a cow you are not a boat, or a plane or a snort you are a bird and, you are my mother and that's the end, lesson is all finished you can check it, off on your schedule and they'll do a, wrap-up now, I hope did you enjoy the book now we are, on a life step of our lesson well rapa, let's talk about all those words that we, learned today bird hen kitchen, dog cow and some extra words boat car, plane mother and home you can put these, books on your word wall or in a notebook, so that you remember it for next time I, hope that you really enjoy our book, are you my mother it was a very long, journey for the little baby bird to, finding his mother why don't you go and, find another adult or another person in, your home and tell them about a short, wrap-up is all done we can check it off, on this kind of schedule as well and our, lesson is all finished for today and, that concludes our lesson today thank, you all so much for joining me today in, the illinois autism partnership virtual, classroom please share your finished, worksheets your world wall or anything, you do after our lesson we would love to, post it in our next videos we are, posting every Tuesday and Thursday at 10, a.m. Central Standard Time and please, before you post anything ask adult in, your home for permission I am miss, Adriana from the Illinois autism, partnership happy learning, [Music]
Ask HN: Please review my photos to coloring pages startupReallyColor.com officially launched about a month ago (end of Sep 2013) and is being bootstrapped by one of my partners and I. Our tech lets you convert your images into printable coloring book pages. Our primary target is parents (mostly moms) and people who are interested in turning themselves into sketches.
We are noticing a large amount of initial interest in the idea itself, and have seen some initial traction and traffic on our site, but our repeat visitors so far are barely over 10%. Our audience is also more international than expected. We have not built a mobile app yet, but that will be a project soon.
I would love feedback on:
1) Our membership pricing/offerings and what you think about how we tell the user about it.
2) Whether a monthly premium membership would be better than an annual one. Keep in mind our international audience.
3) Other revenue generating ideas (other than advertising).
4) The general user experience (both creating the free coloring page and as a free member).
5) How a mobile app could play into this given that the coloring pages are printable (via PDFs).
Any other thoughts and feedback are also welcome. Thank you!.
,Show HN: Circumflex, browse HN in your terminalSome two years ago, I found myself spending a lot of time in the terminal between learning vim and discovering new command line tools. I was surprised to see that the niche of HN clis was (relatively) small, and so I decided to write my own command line tool for browsing HN called `circumflex`(`clx`).
`clx` is written in Go using Bubble Tea[1]. You can read the comment section or the linked article in reader mode in the pager `less`.
Using `lesskey` to add custom keybindings, the replies can be collapsed and expanded in real-time (but not individual replies, only all replies at once). Behind the scenes I am appending invisible unicode characters to each line so that I can use the custom keybindings to filter them out. The same technique is used to allow for jumping between top-level comments.
I spent a lot of time thinking about syntax highlighting and finding relevant bits to highlight while also not going overboard with colors. The end result is highlighting of things I find useful for providing context in the comment section, like indicating parent poster and original poster, coloring references, coloring indentations as well as formatting YC startups.
Other quality of life features include adding submissions as favorites (it is stored as a pretty-printed json so you can check it into your vcs to allow for readable diffs). Submissions are marked as read and new comments are indicated with a bullet point.
[1] https://github.com/charmbracelet/bubbletea.
,Ask HN: How to deal with GDPR / cookie notices in the context of a crawler?To comply with the new European legislation many websites put a GDPR / cookie consent notice in front of their websites. There are different implementations of this. While some are only implemented as modal covering the website or bar on the bottom of the screens (in both cases right next to the original content), other implementations redirect the user to a totally different (sub-)domain or even hijack the request and show the consent form instead of the requested content (on the same URL with a 200 status code).
The latter ones present a issue to my crawler. I cannot access the content of the page without accepting those notices.
Things I'm considering to bypass those notices:
* US IP address (easy to implement, but some websites also display those notices to US IP's)
* Heuristics to detect those notices and accept them programatically (takes some time to implement - while a couple of vendors (i.e. OneTrust) offer off-the-shelf solutions which are easy to identify and automate, there are also many custom made solutions, so the system would need understand the concept of a consent form and how to bypass it - some forms only require the press of the right button, others involve checkboxes/radio buttons). To collect test data one solution might be to visit a set of websites once with an US IP, once with an EU IP and/or with different user agents (browser or googlebot).
Do you have any ideas how to approach this problem? Or are you even utilizing some techniques already and are willing to share them?.
,Ask HN: Website Idea, Online resumes done righttl;dr: Your online resume.
Backstory: August of last year, after a year and a half from my last startup closing down, I decided it was time to get back to work. The time had been spent with my family, and watching my son in his first year. It was a good time. But getting back to work would mean getting a job, and at the time, I was more concerned about a solid pay check. Obviously, in this economic climate, it was a bit scary, but I had ample experience and was confident I could land a job. I went to work. I had to create a resume, and then get it up online. I bought the domain name, and put it up there. Spent quite a bit of time getting it right. In the end, this is what allow my current employer to find me. A search on Google came up with my resume as the first result, provided the proper contact information, and made it easy for them to get in contact with me. After interviews and negotiations, I got the job.
My brother is in a situation like this as well. He's part of the inspiration for this project. The idea is that I had to spend time putting together the website, the design, even as simple as it was, and making sure it got up on the search engines. None of this was difficult for me to do, but for someone like my brother, he doesn't even realize it's something he should do. A resume on Monster.com isn't geared toward the masses and SEO. It's geared toward Monster.com searching.
Since leaving school, I've gotten all my jobs because someone knew me somehow and recommended me in some capacity. Of those, 3 of them also included what I did online. One, in fact, included me walking into the interview with a stack an inch thick of what the interviewer had found online about me.
The reality is, most people get jobs through word of mouth. Someone knows someone, or their is some common ground. At least the good jobs.
So, the idea for the site is bred from some simple ideas:
1. It's good to have a website dedicated to your resume. To promoting yourself. You want a search result with your name to return your resume, your own personal advertisement, rather than some random Facebook page.
2. You want to always be promoting yourself. The job market has changed, and you want to be out there. If someone is interested in searching for you, you don't want them to have to go searching for more information. You want that information to be easily found.
3. Most people don't have the time or energy to invest in creating an highly optimized online resume. Couple this with the cost of having to buy hosting, and the price can get a bit high just for a place to put an online resume.
4. People need jobs. In the current market, job hunting has become even more important. People are becoming aware that it's important to always be prepared to find a job. If you aren't actively pursuing a better job, you're hurting yourself.
5. For far too long, job hunting has been employer-centric. Advertise a job, receive resumes. People are coming to accept that advertising their own skills is becoming important. Social networks are, in a way, teaching people to put their lives online in an orderly fashion; a personal resume.
6. Employers focus too much on accepting resumes instead of getting what they want. It's difficult for employers to find people with the skills they need on their own, without going through an agency. Even then, it's still focused on hiring unemployed people or people that are actively looking.
These are pretty broad ideas, but rather simple. They describe the problems, the issues at hand. The service seeks to solve these problems in various ways, to service not only the potential employees, but the employers as well.
1. Simple to use. The site is focused on providing an efficient, professional resume. You fill in the blanks. The goal is to be fast, painless, and get up something good, quick.
2. The service is meant to be long term. Year-long terms here. The idea goal is for the resume to be a 'living resume.' It updates itself, or you update it, with the current status. It's smart. A year goes by, and 5 years of experience becomes 6, for example. You are encouraged to update.
3. Everything is optimized. The page itself is optimized for search engines. The design will be optimized for easy viewing. Easy printing. Easy sharing. SEO will not just be on the resume itself, but also for searching. Need a Rails Developers in Atlanta Georgia? We'll make that easy to find.
4. You're always promoting yourself. The goal is to make a search for your name appear at or near the top of the search result. This is, after all, your page with your professional information.
5. No ads. I mean, the entire site is basically an advertisement, each page for a particular person, if you want to get technical, but no flashing banner ads, text ads, etc.
6. Low cost. Pay a yearly fee, something reasonable.
There is a lot of potential for expanding the services offered. Being able to put up a portfolio would be important. Pictures of yourself if you wanted. Customization through CSS.
Standards would be important. Exporting contact information as well as the resume itself. All the data would be used and indexed on. Searching and pages could be made on anything.
Anyway's, that's a brief overview of the idea. There are tons of other specifics, and other ideas, as well as ways to go about marketing it and getting users. My questions are simple:
1. Would you pay for a service like this?
2. Do you know others that would pay for a service like this?
3. Have you ever built an online resume/portfolio?
4. Would this service benefit professionals in industries outside web developers?
5. Would businesses outside web-based/focused companies use such a means to find employers?
I'm sure there are other questions, I'll have, and frankly, you don't need to answer these questions point by point. Just wanted to give you an idea of some of the initial questions I might have. Any input at all is encouraged.
As a final point, I've searched online for a service like this, and while I've found a few that promote the same basic thing, I haven't found anything that really capture what I would want in a service. In tech-terms: a Web 2.0 Online Resume site.
I've put a lot of thought into this, played around with some initial designs, hacked up some code, but at this stage, I'm more eager to gain some initial feedback before investing heavily into this idea. So, have at it.
And thanks for reading..
,Ask HN: What is a user's recourse when Cloudflare is down?I guess post on HN and hope for upvotes.
Several websites behind CloudFlare are failing to load for me, notably for me, anaconda.org (104.17.92.24). Other sites have also been flaky.
Cloudflare's own support page has the error:
$ curl -Lv https://dash.cloudflare.com/redirect?account=support
* Trying 104.19.197.29...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to dash.cloudflare.com (104.19.197.29) port 443 (#0)
* ALPN, offering h2
* ALPN, offering http/1.1
* Cipher selection: ALL:!EXPORT:!EXPORT40:!EXPORT56:!aNULL:!LOW:!RC4:@STRENGTH
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /etc/ssl/cert.pem
CApath: none
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* LibreSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to dash.cloudflare.com:443
* stopped the pause stream!
* Closing connection 0
I've emailed support@cloudflare.com about this. I'm supposed to create an account, which is only possible at, Surprise!, https://dash.cloudflare.com/login:
> Hi there,
> Thanks for writing to Cloudflare Support.
> While we would like to assist you with your inquiry, for the security and privacy of our users we can only work with the account holder directly, but your email address is not listed as the owner of any Cloudflare account.
> If you are a Cloudflare account holder, please submit a new support request from the email address you used to register your Cloudflare account. Note that you can also open a ticket directly through the Cloudflare dashboard following these steps:
> 1. Log in to your Cloudflare account <https://dash.cloudflare.com/login> and click on 'Support' in the top right corner, which will take you to our Help Center.
I've had workaround using a VPN in the USA, but that's really slowing my work down and obviously this doesn't work for everyone..
,Another AirBnB Host Horror StoryQuoraQuora connects you to everything you want to know about.
LoginSign UpAirbnb:
Has anyone had the experience of your Host listings being turned off by AirBnB due to bringing to their attention problems with their platform and procedures?
John Cohen, NYC HostYes
AirBnB recently hid all my listings. At the same time they cancelled over 19 bookings adding up to over $7000 dollars most likely more. Here is a copy of the email sent to those inconvenienced persons.
Dear xxxx,
We were just informed by John Cohen that your accommodation starting on xxx, April xx, 2012 (reservation xxxxxxx) is no longer available. You should know that hosts are penalized for canceling reservations and removed from our site if they do so frequently.
I am no longer able to access my account to see my future payouts -- approximately $2000 dollars -- or when I will recieve $954.
At the suggestion of an experienced attorney I have backed all information that was in my account including changes that were occurring after AirBnB shut off my listings.
I cannot prove what the customer service supervisor said over the phone but I will quote 'We have discussed it among ourselves', 'There are simply too many customer service requests from your account', 'You can apply in two months to be re-instated.'
After careful review of the backups it appears to be 21 bookings not 17. As of this date several guests are living in my home. Booked through airBnB. I have no idea if I will be paid for their stay. Here is a short list of my Complaints that resulted in AirBnb hiding my listings.
1) Peer review process as implemented is being used by a few guests as a threat of a 'Bad review' if I do not bend to demands for services not offered. Or if I attempt to enforce the House rules such as under age drinking or cleanig up after themselves.( Threse guests have no reviews of their own.)
2) Security Hole. Apparently airBnB does not maintain any information of the Guest of the guest.
3) CSR who answer the phones are given extraordinary power to rush to a judgement without giving the Host the benefit of the doubt.
4) Reservvation panel is a Mess if you are a busy Host. Dificult to make heads or tales from this. Even the CSR.
5) Bad reviews which are not opinion but statements of Fact. Say about the cleanliness of a Host. 'Place smells like Garbage' Bathroom's are dirty' by a guest who frequently broke house rules.
6) A clear and convincing connection between Guests who them selves have no reviews making a complaint or bad review on a Host who has asked them courteously to obey House rules.
7) Repeatedly blocking out up to 10 days or more on a room until an investigation is complete. Finding the Host acted properly
8) Many of my customer service calls were about parts of the WebSite not working or learning how to nagivate it properly. I have bad eye sight and need new glasses. EG recently a part of the listings page failed to show up where
prominently it states Host has PETS. Two guests allergic to Cats appeared.
. Though my listing clearly states CATS. I had to have my House keeper Vacume 2,000 square feet. So that the guests could finish their bookings. My cats were trapped in my bedroom for two weeks.
9) Security deposit is not a security deposit. Never in my Life have I been
compelled to negotiate with a petty thief
Their is a lot more. 24/7 is not 24/7 due to the lack of enouph Human Infrastructure to handle the Volume of calls. Resulting in knee jerk reaction's
and bad decision making.
I cannot help get the feeling that AirBnb in my opinion would like low end Hosts to quietly fade and disappear in to the night.
This one will not.
The average star rating of my spare bed rooms was 4.5 Stars.
Skirting around the Franchise laws of the State of New York and the Federal Franchise Laws.
Skirting around the case law in New York State concerning Defamation and Slander.
And who knows what else. (SPIONS)
I am a fundamentaly good New Yorker. I am confident that my fellow New Yorkers will hear my cry for HELP.
I have been crippled financially by AirBnB's actions. Humiliated. Down but not out. I have nothing to loose. I am old sickly.
In my youth in basic training at the USMC. You learn the history of this Institution.
Lt. General Chesty Puller.
'You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em.'
Below this you can read my reviews. It was AirBnB who cancelled the bookings
and Defamed and Slandered this host. I removed most of the cancelations as the web page would have been to long.
The host canceled my reservation
11 days before arrival.
Emily
The host canceled my reservation 46
days before arrival.
Alex
The host canceled my reservation 16
days before arrival.
Katharina
The host canceled my reservation 12
days before arrival.
Djamila
The host canceled my reservation 32
days before arrival.
Amy
The host canceled my reservation 22
days before arrival.
Wai
The host canceled my reservation 5 days
before arrival.
Dora
The host canceled my reservation 15
days before arrival.
Melanie And
Claas
The host canceled my reservation 4 days
before arrival.
Trevor
The host canceled my reservation 18
days before arrival.
Liudmila
The host canceled my reservation 90
days before arrival.
Jana Fabienne
The host canceled my reservation 139
days before arrival.
Alisia
The host canceled my reservation 3 days
before arrival.
Francesca
The host canceled my reservation 14
days before arrival.
Alonso
I stayed here because I didn't want to
spend a fortune in a hotel, so I booked at John's place. My room was
pretty cozy, clean and had air conditioner (which was really helpful
on those cold nights). The living room/kitchen/dinning room was ok,
and I liked the fact that there were other guests living there as
well and I met a lot of interesting people. I would recommend your
stay here if you want to save money, socialize with other cultures
and know how to clean after yourself (important part). It is up to
you if you want a clean room. The walls are really thin and sometimes
you can hear everything from the room next to yours, but overall, it
is good place for low price.
Lauren
Don't expect luxury & do not come
here if you're allergic to cats as John has 2 (very cute) or if you
don't know how to clean up after yourself (you will get told!). This
place is secure and very affordable for those on a budget, the
beds/toilets/towels are clean and John offers coffee every morning.
All in all, if you can forego any frills and live in a hostel
environment, this is a good deal. If not, try the Waldorf Astoria.
Viola
The place is just two blocks from the
subway stop and it really takes 10 minutes to get to Manhattan so is
ideal if you don't want to waste your day travelling. I have found
quite a friendly bunch of people living in John's loft and John
himself is a very helpful person. I would suggest to guests who have
never seen NYC to ask him tips on what's worth seeing in the City.
The constant presence of coffee in the place was, also, very much
appreciate!!! My overall experience was pretty positive and I would
recommend it.
Peter
John was a very nice host. The room is
great value for money. Expect no luxury, 'this isn't the
Waldorf-Astoria', as John would say. But it's a room, more or
less private, allthough you can hear everything that's going on in
the livingroom. But if you're in NYC for a few days, it's a great,
cheap spot. The room I rented had some temperture-issues, the heater
was a bit hard to control, and made some loud noises sometimes, but
John told me this in advance. He was helpful all the way.
Kyle
It was a nice private room! John was
very helpful in getting me acclimated to New York City, and he even
made me a nice BLT sandwich right when I arrived!
David
Relacin calidad precio muy buena.
Barrio'aburrido' pero el piso est muy bien conectado
(parada de metro cerca). Spermercado cerca. Lo recomiendo
positivamente para pasar ah unas vacaciones. John personalmente me
trat muy bien. Incluso cuando tuve problemas con la habitacin
S-9, la cual no recomiendo en invierno porque estn dentro las
mquinas de la calefaccin central (mucho ruido y calor), fue fcil
llegar a un acuerdo para que me diera otra habitacin que tena
libre. No s que hubiese pasado si no hubiera habido alguna
habitacin libre. En definitiva es un buen sitio para pasar tus
vacaciones en NY a muy buen precio.
Johannes
Best bang for the buck. Don't expect
luxury and don't be too picky, but there's everything you need and
it's a private room at a great rate. Quite uncomplicated, I could do
some short notice extension as I decided to stay one night longer,
and then even one more.
Iveta
I've recently stayed at the shared room
for 5 nights. It was a great experience, I can recommend this rental.
John is a great host, he is going out of his way to accommodate
everybody's requests. He is friendly and he is a great cook too! I am
planning to be back in New York at the end of April and I will stay
at this place again. I think that says a lot! it is a great place for
a great price.
New
Johns place is as described, a huge
and quiet loft that he built. Not luxury but its a good way to save
money if youre going to expend the whole day exploring the city.
Its close to the subway station wiht direct line to manhattan (A
and C line). John makes coffee every morning for the guests and he
cleans the bathrooms every morning as well.
Veronika
Great way to save money on a trip to
NYC. Bring your own blankets because it gets very cold at night and
there are none for you to use. The area is safe enough but it gets
very deserted at night. Coffee in the mornings was great. Don't
expect any privacy or luxury staying here but it is a cheap way to
see NYC. FYI, smoking is allowed indoors and there are two cats.
Average age of other guests is 22-25.
Camille
Another host nearby could not host me.
He sent me to John's place. As a young 18 year old french woman
traveling alone I am careful. The accommodations were incredible for
just $10. per day. $11. with the AirBnB fee. It is a medium size
room. Very bright. Sun drenched as the host John says. Though it has
4 twin beds on 2 wooden bunks and one twin it is not cluster phobic.
It is meant as a budget shared room to sleep in. The vanity was nice.
Storage that I locked with a padlock. The rest of the Loft is large.
Balcony's, gigantic rear deck and a giant private roof with nice
views including Manhattan. I had the room all by myself. But met
several interesting Europeans from Germany and Italy renting the
private rooms. The common area is large. Nice kitchen dining area.
Unusual. The large refrigerator is in the same room as the shower.
John is an artist. The shower room is large. The host was very
helpful. He showed me how to use the MTA Trip planner to efficiently
travel to my activities in Manhattan. John has to be the best Host on
AirBnB and possibly all of NYC ! Twice he made me a delicious meal !
3-4 Minute walk to Subway. A metro. 20 minutes 34 street Manhattan
off peak ! I am glad the other host cancelled. $10. nightly. safe,
clean convenient, food. #1 host and place to stay in NYC. Oh it is
$10. for thirty day stay. The price is more expensive for 3 days or a
week but still cheapest in NYC ! Thank you John. 5 stars. He deserves
10 stars !
Guido
John is a very good host... the loft is
in a good neighborhood just short walk from a supermarket and utica
subway station... and just 20 minutes far from Manhattan with public
transprtation!!! Sure i would be back there next time i'm going to
NYC! and if you are a good traveler who really wants to discover the
real life of the place you are visiting sure you'll enjoy this place.
Very safe, good wi fi connection, clean and easy! see you next time
John!
Patrick
This accomodation is by far the best
value for a short-stay room in New York that I have seen. The cost
for my own room per night actually worked out even cheaper than a
hostel where a person would share a full dormitory of 6-8 people.
This place was great value - and I had my own room. The host was very
helpful. My first experience of his helpfulness was when I noticed
that my computer cable had broken. When I asked him if he knew where
I could get a replacement in the city, he actually went out of his
way to fix the cable for me! He saved me a number of bucks doing
this, and also saved me the time it would have taken to locate the
replacement. Big thanks to him for that. And that was just the first
day. The host has coffee on the stove every morning. It is also
likely he will cook something for you a few times during your stay.
It could be a roast, or it could be a big breakfast sandwich that
will keep you going for a number of hours. The crowd that I came
across in the place was mostly young and vibrant and interesting. It
is a good place for you to meet up with like-minded adventurers in
the city of New York. The host has a large amount of very practical
local knowledge. He has a large willingness to share very useful
knowledge with you. This was invaluable for me because, as a
soon-to-be qualified attorney, I was in town to find out the
possibilities of locating a long-term apartment lease and a job in
the city. The host went out of his way to share his valuable
knowledge with me about these things. The host is worth listening to
carefully. The quality of the place was very satisfactory. If you are
a complainer or nit-picker, or have impossibly high standards, don't
waste anybody's time and get a 150 buck a night hotel instead.
However, if you want something with great value and have realistic
expectations of what great value is, then you will really benefit
from staying in a place like this. Even though I give a 4-star rating
(which is very good), I actually give the extra 5th star in the
rating when I factor in the price and all the extras. Again, have
realistic expectations for a place in this price range, and
appreciate good value when you see it, despite being a little rough
around the edges. Furthermore, as time goes on, the host continually
makes improvements to the place and has a genuine commitment to
creating accomodation that adds value to the people who stay there. I
expect the place will only become better and better in the future.
Matthew
5 stars! I had a great stay with John
in his loft apartment. His description of the living space is very
accurate. My room was clean and spacious, the loft was quiet through
the night (had no disruptions from flatmates in other rooms), the
bathrooms were clean and John even cooked 2 meals for me during my
stay (quite the chef I might add)! For the price range and location,
this listing can't be beat!
Stephanie
John is a welcoming friendly host.
Staying at his place in a private room beats staying at a hostel
sharing with 3-11 other unknowns. Also he makes sure he only rents to
non-sketchy people, which can only be a good thing. It's close to
Manhattan, the neighbourhood doesn't look safe but is actually
really ok and I doubt you can get a better deal than this. Peace out!
J. B.
John is a gracious and welcoming host.
The property is as described, and the bed is very comfortable. The
place (as stated) is rough-hewn, but clean, quiet., and comfortable.
The A train express is just two blocks away, so this is very
convenient to Manhattan.
Stephanie
We transferred to another room because
it was cheaper. But it's not that small - still a good size AND it's
private after all. John offered us some dinner one day which was
pretty darn good. He does keep things clean around here (but a lot of
it depends on other guests here too) so he's a good host.
Bettina
John's Place is very close to the train
station and in a safe area. I never felt insecure during the whole
stay. The rooms are in a loft and have all the advantages of a loft:
the common room, that everybody can use, is big and there are several
very big patios which is great for summer. You are welcome to use the
big kitchen and because John is a great cook, you should accept his
weekly invitation for a meal. John also knows a lot about New York
and has a lot of material and information to share. He answered my
E-mails amazingly fast and helped us a lot to find the way from the
airport to his place. On the other side, you should be aware, that
the walls in the loft are very thin and you can hear everything.
During the night it sometimes became very cold in the rooms, because
the rooms are very high and the heat accumulated under the ceiling.
There is just one shared shower for all. Altogether it's a nice place
to stay. But if you want to stay in New York for several weeks, you
should first test this place for some days and then decide if this is
the right place for you. Best wishes, Bettina
Isabella
The place is really nice and clean and
super close to the subway. My room had a beautiful view and a comfy
bed. John can be a little intense, on the first night he was quite
annoyed with me for catching a cab as he said cab drivers were
'crooks' but after that he was very helpful and pleasant.
Even gave me some delicious roast he made and let me hang out past
check out time. All in all it was a good experience.
Stephanie
Really nice spacious room which I
shared with my cousin and we had ample space for all our stuff. The
location is pretty near to the station, about five minutes walk away.
John is a really helpful host and made sure we had a place to stay on
New Year's night when he found out that we didn't have anywhere to go
for that night. And honestly I don't think you'll find a better deal
for the price you pay, especially if you're travelling alone in NYC
:)
Yoojin
I couldn't agree more with Nacio's
exact review. Close distance from subway station and warm rooms are
good. However, if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, I don't
recommend this place. He smokes inside the house and rooms for guests
have a big glassless hole facing kitchen where he usually smoke.
Considering the cheap price of room, you may bear some shortcomings..
but I don't think it's comfortable to live for a long time in this
house.
Ling Sum
Great stay, great location! John is a
perfect host. The room is big enough. The neighborhood is safe!
Adam
Hey travelers! I stayed at john's space
in crown heights, Brooklyn for 10 days & would recommend it to
any of you out there on a budget who don't need many frills. It feels
like a cross between a hostel & a friend's place - there were
long term & short term guests here - everyone was respectful &
quiet. Excellent value for money & steps away from 24 hour
transit anywhere in NYC. The shower needs improvement but it's a
great place to hang yer hat. Would/will stay here again. Thanks John,
Merry holiday everyone!!! Adam
Cristina
I wouldn't choose Jonn's in matter of
the size of the room. But it was comfortable and the practical
facilities all right. Besides the room there is a ' shared space'
where it is possible to spend time/ do activities if the space of the
room isnt 'satisfying' which works fine. The bed was fine.
Transport to Manhattan is easy.
Carmen
If you are considering a hostel, this
would be a much better choice. The rooms are private; there is a
fridge, basic cooking facilities and John makes coffee every morning.
John gives fair warning about the neighborhood and I certainly
wouldn't walk around late at night, but it is very near the train,
the grocery store and laundromat are walking distance and the
neighborhood folk are generally friendly. It is definitely worth the
price.
Giorgio
Nice room, close to subway station and
to everything, few minutes to Manhattan. Mattresses, sheetes and
pillows where new when we arrived. John is funny and very helpful, he
gave us a lot of advices.
Nirmal
Good place overall. Pros: own room with
lock and key, on A express line, cheap Cons: My clothes smelled like
smoke, cats kept me up 3 nights, the fridge is in the bathroom for
some reason. the area is a little ghetto but overall safe since very
close to the main road. John and everyone in the house is friendly
and keep the place clean, though i bought my own cleaning wipes and
cleaned the toilets few times. I expected that since the place has 9
rooms and just 2 toilets and 1 bathroom. john was very gracious and
offered dinner on more than 2 occasions. for $29 a night it was a
bargain.
Isabell
It's a good place to stay for a few
weeks if you need an affordable homebase while you're exploring the
city The subway is just a short walk away, it takes about 20 minutes
to get to the west side of downtown Manhattan, which for New York is
very okay. John is a helpful host, often offering his guests food and
good advice or tips on where to go and how to get there. There is a
large common area with a kitchen that holds everything you need; the
bathrooms and shower are also shared by all. Rooms have loft beds,
drawers, chairs, tables, lamps - in short, everything you need. If
anything's missing, just ask; John is quite good at providing
anything extra (for example the extension cord and socket adapter I
needed to get comfortable in bed with my laptop). If you have any
more questions, just ask, I'll be happy to help you out.
Adam
I stayed at Johns place for just over a
week. The location of the place is great, only a short walk to the
train station and ~10 min to lower Manhattan. There was also on the
street parking easily available. John was a great host, provided me
information on how to get around and also recommended some places to
check out. Its great value for money, would stay here again if I'm in
NYC. Room was sun drenched and clean. He offered coffee every
morning. The complimentary BLT he made for me was delicious. If
anyone has any questions just send me an email.
Elena
Yo y mi amigo nos hospedamos en una
habitacin preciosa baada por el sol. La casa situada en un barrio
seguro y autentico newyorkino estaba a pocos minutos del metro. John
es muy simptico y habla espaol nos ayudo mucho ofreciendo su
ayuda para organizar nuestro viaje mejor. Gracias John!
Rhona
Very helpful when we had a last minute
emergency, my daughter was in New York without internet and I was in
Scotland and I had to find her somewhere quickly. He replied
immediately and made up the room for her. She says it was great to
have a private room and room to open a case and hang up clothes. Easy
to come and go as you get your own key and it's close to everything
you need especially the subway. She says she felt safe in the house
and the neighbourhood, even as a solo female. Complimentary coffee
was also nice as was the BLT he made one day.
CommentLoading... Repost 1:16 on Tue Mar 27 2012
Cannot add comment if you are logged out.
View Answer Change LogLoading...Follow QuestionAnswer Author
FollowJohn Cohen
NYC Host.
,Ask HN: I'm about to take a big step in my life. I would like your opinion.I'm a frequent reader of HN (I check the front page at least twice a day.) I've created this account so that I could ask your opinion on a big step in my life I am thinking of taking. I value your opinion.
I'm almost 20 right now and in my third year of college. I have never been successful with members of the opposite sex ever since puberty. In high school and college I was perceived as being socially awkward by those I came in contact with. Being unable to find intimacy and being a total virgin (never touched a girl other than while shaking hands) and my poor social life has made me very depressed.
I think a significant part of my problems can be solved if I loose my virginity, so I'm thinking of closing the chapter with a 'girlfriend experience' hooker.
Do you think loosing my virginity to a hooker will solve my problems? If there are any others who have gone through similar problems as I have and come out of it, what would you suggest that I do?.
,Ask HN: I need your help. Trying to develop secure and anonymous emailhttp://securmail.launchrock.com/
Hi guys, I have a problem and I need your help: me and a couple of my friends decided to create a web service for free anonymous and secure mail after hearing about the NSA debacle(Lavabit closing his doors). We created a launch page to get email for people to try out the service as beta tester. Just go check it out and if your are interested, signup.
If you have suggestions, don't hesitate. We are working hard to build something great and useful for everyone. If you could share the service to help us out too, it would be awesome. Thanks
Really, it all comes down to how you want to protect your data. Now that we know Google's been working with the NSA and other email services. There aren't many options left for secure email.
Ever since news of PRISM broke, there's been a lot of confusion and denial about exactly how the NSA is getting the data from the companies that have been collecting it. Now Google's fessed up to the details, and it's unsurprisingly simple: by FTP or even by hand.
With what we are building, it would be basically impossible to do. Built on AES-256 Encryption and Host Proof Hosting, ensuring that your sensitive data is never accessible to anyone but you. We never have your un-encrypted data. Even if our servers were hacked your emails would be safe and when you delete an email, it is not recoverable(US DOD, 7 passes). We do not log any traffic or session data. For this reason, we’re unable to identify any user of our service.
Here is the launch page: http://securmail.launchrock.com/.
,Ask HN: Why are browsers so bad at stopping popups and other dark patterns?Popups have long been an issue along with other types of ads, but the most infuriating kind I've ever seen are those which watch the mouse position and throw up an ad or subscription plea when I'm moving the mouse upwards to the tab bar after I've finished reading an article and want to close the tab.
Obviously blocking scripts' access to positional data would break many sorts of useful interactions, but there are far more pages that snag that data to display ads on mouseover or page border interactions which brings zero benefit to me as a user. Why is there no way to either pool that information among browser users to negate this dark pattern, or to remember my dismissive interactions of closing popups and pre-emptively negate them next time I visit a page?
Also, if you work as a designer or front-end developer who implements this sort of thing, I want you to feel bad about it and talk your money hungry marketing people out of it; because when your employers' revenue eventually sinks due to pissing off more and more of your readers, you'll get laid off looong before the marketing people do and if you don't stop and think you won't even understand why..
,Gaming HN for an Orange Name - A WarningMy name, at the time of posting, is orange. It's kind of nice to be recognized for being upvoted on average, even if I don't make a huge number of comments and will never be on the leaderboard.
However, it just feels wrong. I've been unconsciously working on getting a high average for a while, and this will only encourage my unproductive behavior. I sometimes refrain from posting when I know my comment won’t be read or won’t be upvoted.
In the spirit of pointing out the full effects of this change, I will now offer a simple list of guidelines so that you too can get your name in orange and feel like a real man/woman/entrepreneur.
As for me, I’m with tptacek—opt me out of a colored name.
1. Only post in threads that are on the front page or look sure to get on the front page. If no one will see your comment, no one will upvote you.
2. Don’t post on a front page post that already has more than a full page of text. Your comment will appear at the bottom and no one will scroll all the way down there. You’re just yelling into the void.
3. When possible, reply to a highly rated comment that doesn’t already have replies. Particularly focus on getting your comment to appear 'above the fold' when it is posted. This will ensure that your comment is read and enjoyed.
4. Don't post against the prevailing mood of a post. If the mood of that article is pro-libertarian, beware critiquing that philosophy! On the other hand, when the population is more balanced in that individual thread, feel free. In general someone who agrees is more likely to upvote than someone who disagrees, so you should get be ahead on balance.
5. As soon as you make a comment, upvote the article and all of the parents to your comment. This will put your article closer to the public eye. If you want to truly join the dark side, vote down the other comments on the thread or other replies. I’ve never done this, but it’s an option.
6. Say something interesting. Without this, you’ve got nothing!
7. If you’re trying to be funny or sarcastic, make it incredibly obvious. If it’s not incredibly obvious what you’re trying to say, don’t bother posting.
8. Don't get involved in a long discussion! This will only end with a bunch of 1 point posts that drag your average down.
Let me say in closing that HN is one of the best discussions on the net and I’ve been privileged to be here with you all. pg, thanks for all the work you put in.
Still, we should be realistic about the behavior that we are promoting. Goodnight and good luck!.
,Show HN: BrainTool – Beyond Bookmarks, a Topic Manager for your online lifeLong time looker, first time Show-er here!
I built the initial BrainTool to scratch a personal itch - to unify my bookmarks and online resources with text-based notes. I've spent the last several months iterating on it with feedback from early adopters and UX volunteers. It's finally at the point where I feel confident enough to seek this communities feedback.
BrainTool is a browser extension that makes it easy to save pages of interest into a personal 'topic' hierarchy, along with associated notes. Your topics are shown in an editable side panel which can also control the browser - opening and closing tabs, tab groups and windows by topic. There's a 90 sec intro video here: https://youtu.be/7zvyvATpoVM
The above by itself makes BrainTool one of the handiest bookmarks/tabs/browser managers around, but the kicker is that all your data is stored in a separately editable org-mode[1] format plaintext file. Off-browser I edit my braintool file in emacs but I've also played around syncing with LogSeq, Orgzly and other org-based tools. If you're an emacs user it could give you a shallow on-ramp into the world of org-mode, if you're an aspiring PKMer it's an easy way to slurp in all of your online resources, if you just want to get out of tab hell and up your browser game - dive right in!
Its serverless so your data never leaves your personal environment. Chromium-based browsers only for now (Chrome, Edge, Brave, etc. not FF).
Landing page: https://braintool.org
Some articles on use: https://braintool.org/posts.html
Github repo: https://github.com/tconfrey/BrainTool
[1] https://orgmode.org/.
,Ask HN: Which social media app has the best design in your opinion?Which social media app do you think has the best design? This can include UX or UI design. Apparently most people don't pay attention to fonts, symbols and other stuff closely, but for those of us that do, which app speaks to you the most? This can really be any app, but preferably one of the more known social media apps.
For me, I've used Twitter probably the most by far, so I might be biased. They have a great black dark mode. The font is genuinely so cool. The high contrast labels and icons are so pleasing to look at. The profile pages are cool and overall, the app layout makes the most sense to me in terms of the replies and features. Apparently Twitter is one of the more confusing apps to use, but Reddit is insanely confusing to me. When you look at social media and the internet overall, Twitter and Bootstrap seem to have had the biggest influence on app and website design, so many apps have similar features that Twitter does.
My least favorite is probably Reddit and Snapchat. Snapchat is pretty smooth to use, but the colors and bubble-like design just doesn't do it for me, and the profiles and searching thing is very confusing. Reddit is just a horrifically slow app and replies to posts are insanely annoying to sift through. I find myself closing every first tier replies so I can read replies instead if replies to replies. It's a confusing mess and there's just about nothing on the app that makes sense to me, which is interesting considering Quora, Twitter and Reddit are essentially the same thing and apparently had some of the same people on their design teams.
There's plenty of more stuff I like about Twitter, but the main thing is that fact that I prefer Twitter's design in general over other apps.
What about you?.
Reddit Images 60
My first page from Game of Thrones coloring book! Can you guess the character? What about colors? 0
My definition of racial trauma is constant exposure to micro- and macro-aggressions that are due to the color of your skin. You can be traumatized for being one of a few: ageism, homophobia or being a mother. The constant exposure to racialized aggressions has nothing to do with the work I do. 1
My definition of racial trauma is constant exposure to micro- and macro-aggressions that are due to the color of your skin. You can be traumatized for being one of a few: ageism, homophobia or being a mother. The constant exposure to racialized aggressions has nothing to do with the work I do. 2
QUESTION I would like to sell my art but it’s only 9 by 6 inches how much do you guys think that would sell for?? All the pages are filled and fully colored 3
Those are all my page coloring test. I will stop here cuz my graphic tablet broke. Hope you like it 4
Please restore and colorize for my 91 year old mother. These are her parents. More than happy to tip if you tell me how. 5
Carousel Coloring Page Illustration with Markers and Colored Pencils Coloring Derya Cakirsoy, you can find the coloring page on my Etsy store now %25 off, link in YouTube info🤗 6
About every other month or so, our elderly neighbor will drop off a page to my wife from his coloring books. Here's her collection on our fridge so far. 7
Carousel Coloring Page Illustration with Markers and Colored Pencils Coloring Derya Cakirsoy, you can find the coloring page on my Etsy store now %25 off, link in YouTube info🤗 8
Finally got around to finishing this page from my “Cute & Creepy Chibi Kawaii Horror Coloring Book” 9
So my wife and mother in law got this little guy about 13 years ago and we’ve always assumed he was a Yorkipoo, but I don’t ever see any other yorki’s that are as big as him, or with the same hair color and texture. Any thoughts? Is he actually just a yorkipoo? 10
I kinda just keep going and coloring over stuff till I feel satisfied with my scribble page. 11
If you haven't already, I suggest buying the manga! I was considering not getting it since I didn't know if I wanted to spend $15 per volume for chapters that are 4 pages long, but it's so worth it! It's in COLOR and everything is so pretty!!! ^_^ Also I want to support Shiromanta 12
[CHAT] Does anybody know where I can find this specific type of bobbin? This is my mother's system and she is out of extra bobbins and has WAY too much floss to convert to a new system. The bobbins are large plastic and have a tab to slip the color/number wrap onto. 13
Part 3 to Zip Zap Zop. I was thinking of posting all of the comic, done or not, but then I decided to finish coloring the page that's first in this post and I hyperfixated on finishing part 3, lol. Zap (Green seawing) and Nectar (Pink silkwing with a forehead horn) are both men btw 14
second sunflower, done! I know, I Know you are waiting for these other little flowers, but I am so stressed about messing them up, or worst, messing all this colored page up 😠I love it badly I don't Wana do any mistake omg... 15
Letter 💌 Illustration ( My latest coloring page you can find it on my Etsy shop;) Coloring Process with Markers, Colored & Pastel Pencils & Posca Pens Derya Cakirsoy Hope u like it! 💕💕 16
Here are all the coloring pages that I've done that are still in my coloring book! I hope you all like them! 17
,
Comments
Post a Comment